August 16, 2013

Heart-throb Friday - JTT style

Remember when you were younger and you were totally obsessed with a celebrity?  Growing up I remember all the girls being totally obsessed with a singer or actor.  I was one of those girls.  My target: Johnathon Taylor Thomas aka JTT
It was bad you guys, like really really bad.  I remember being so obsessed with him that when the series finale of Home Improvement aired I recorded it on the VCR in case I feel asleep, which I did.  The next day I went to watch it and Lesa (I will always hold resentment towards her for this) set the VCR to record the wrong channel, so I didn't get to watch the season finale of Home Improvement.  So I did what I do, I did what every 12 year old would do.  I threw a freaking fit AND CRIED.  I was so pissed I remember just screaming at Lesa as if she killed my cat (RIP Sassy).  This was before current TV technology so I had no way of getting to see that final episode, and looking back I still have not seen that episode.
best show ever
Do you guys remember in middle school they would pass out those little catalogs so you could buy books?  Like goosebumps and other kid friendly popular reads?  One time I remember there was a JTT combo pack, complete with a life size poster of him.  LIFE SIZE!  I was so excited I ordered it right away with no idea how I would pay for it.  I went home that night and collected every penny, nickle, quarter and dollar I could find in the house to pay for my Johnathon Taylor Thomas combo kit.  When it finally came 2 weeks later to Ms. Gail's 4th Grade classroom I almost peed in excitement.  I couldn't wait for her to pass out the orders.  Once I got it I opened it as if I was Ralphie Parker in a Christmas story opening his Red Ryder BB gun.  As soon as I got home that day I plastered that life size poster on my wall and just STARED at it.  Are kids still this weird?

How bout those BOP magazines?  Whenever we went grocery shopping I would run over to the magazines searching for his face on the cover.  And then get SO MAD if my mom wouldn't buy it for me... which she NEVER did.  Thank god or she would have had more posters to peel off my bedroom wall.

I also believe it was these magazines that led me to believe I was in the running to be his girlfriend.  I remember thinking that he would show up at my front door on my birthday with flowers.  WHY?

Anyone else have an unhealthy obsession with a celebrity growing up?  I know I can't be the only strange child out there.

I now have a dire need to watch Man of The House this weekend.  or Lion King... anyone else have a crush on Simba??


Anyway, what led me to this post was this:

the brothers reunited.  I think if I saw him in real life I would just SCREAM really really loud and then fall down and pass out.





No comments: