February 20, 2013

You can call me Sara "Professional Backer Upper" Eidman

NOT ONLY DID I BACK A TRAILER INTO A SPECIFIC SPOT I DID IT not 1, NOT 2, NOT 3, NOT 4, BUT 5 TIMES!

Yes Ladies and Gentlemen I am OFFICIALLY A BAD ASS MO FO!


So lets rewind 24 hours shall we?  Henry and his dad bought some prego ewes at the sale in Billings and Henry is out of town, so it was decided that since I had to take 2 of the Peruvian guys into town (Carlos and Gilmer) for a dental exam I could then swing by the auction yard afterward with them to help me load.  Well, initially I am like "YEAH I CAN DO THAT!" and then in my head I am thinking, OH SHIT I have to back the trailer up to chutes to load those bad boys.  So after a 894 minute conversation with Henry about how SLOW I  HAD to drive, how to go around corners and I'm pretty sure he even told me how to use the blinker... I  was going to do this!

I told the guys to meet me at the truck at 12:30pm and we would hook up the trailer and head to town, so of course at 12:15pm they had the truck and trailer hooked up and ready to roll.

OH SIDE NOTE: I put the puppies on craigslist Monday night and immediately received phone calls, so while the guys were at their dentist appointment I was going to sell some puppies.

As I was walking to the truck and trailer I tell the guys I need to take 4 of the puppies, Gilmer (head herder) sees that I am putting the two males in the crate and has a slight panic attack.  "SARA THIS GOOD DOG, KEEP AT RANCH" to which I am thinking that Henry had told me distinctly I needed to get ride of the boy puppies.  So I try to tell Gilmer this, but he says "SARA, LOOK AT PUPPY MOUTH" he opens the puppies mouth and points at the roof of his mouth "SEE SARA, GOOD DOG" then he grabs his foot and shows that he has a dewclaw "SEE HERE, GOOD DOG" so after a lesson of good dog/bad dog I tell him he can keep one male.  I seriously felt like he was my 5 year child that had fallen in love with a puppy and I had to convince him he didn't need the puppy, but how do you tell a grown man who doesn't speak English something like that?  Well, you don't.  You give in and let him keep the freaking puppy.

So we get on our way to town.  I drop the trailer off at the auction yard (Back up #1) and it went okay. Drop the guys off at their appts and then head back to the auction yard and sell some pups.  The first guy wanted a female (I brought two to town) and he was SUPER WEIRD.  He was driving an old Mercedes and clearly didn't have any preparation for a puppy so I gave him some puppy chow I had in the truck and sent him on his way.  He had giant plugs in his ears, who still has plugs?  gross.

Second couple shows up, they OF COURSE want the puppy that Gilmer almost held hostage.  (I brought it anyway cuz I didn't want any to be alone).  So I say "oh that one is going back to the ranch, he's puking and has bad diarrhea.  I knew that last part would work because who wants that in their car? muhahahahaha.  Anyway, they didn't want the other boy so they left and said "once he feels better let us know" I'm not sure why I lied and didn't just say "we are keeping him" but I felt bad and "diarrhea" came out instead... wait that sounds bad too.

So back to the backing up (you know, the part about me being a badass).  I pick up the guys from the dentist (that's another blog entry all on its own) and we hook the trailer up and NOW is THE TIME.  First I went into the office to let them know I was picking up 90 ewes and then I let them know that I'll move my truck and trailer about 50 feet but it will take me about an hour.  With help of Gilmer and Carlos I back my trailer up (#2), it only took about 45 tries, then I have to back up to the top chute to load the top of the trailer (#3), this one proved to be more difficult since another big rig had showed up and backed in next to the chute I needed, he of course did it in one try (SHOW OFF) and now I had to not only shoot for the chute (like that play on words?) but do that without slamming into the big rig next to me.  About that same time someone wanting a puppy drives up and gets in my way of the chute AHHH!  So now I have an audience, a big rig, and a little car.  Lets just say this one took a few more shots at getting it right.  WHOOPS.  Gilmer says "SARA NEED MUCHO PRACTICA!" yes, Gilmer... I am aware.

DO YOU SEE HOW PROFESSIONAL THAT LOOKS? AND YES I got evidence because I knew my sister would not believe me.


We finally get home and let me just tell you...I drove like a freaking grandma (took twice as long).  OH THIS REMINDS ME when I was telling Henry in the morning that I would drive super slow after his 9 hour lecture I said "don't worry I'll drive it like I stole something" which in my head I was thinking I would be driving really well since I didn't want anyone to get suspicious of me and call the cops, instead I sounded like an effing idiot.  UGH!  I'm so dumb sometimes.  Well lets just say I drove like a responsible gma who didn't steal anything.

Unloading at home was a little difficult, one- it was dark and two- I was backing up to the top chute and Gilmer was directing me for the ally.  freaking a.  eventually the unloading was finished (#4&5) and Jorge (Gilmer's brother) says "SARA NEED MUCHO PRACTICA" yes, Jorge... I am aware.

All in all, it was a fun day.  I really enjoyed working with the guys.  When I put the puppies away I started speaking to them in Spanish.  What's more weird, the fact that I talk to puppies or that I was speaking to them in Spanish?

Ta Ta for now peeps.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Home listings and homes for sale near your area.
Find your perfect property advertised by owner or real estate agent.
More details link