February 6, 2013

Grace-full-ness

Anyone else fight gravity on a daily basis?  Minus my sister and brother?  I have this weird feeling that my siblings and myself were gifted with the worst balance/luck/grace/etc/etc on earth.  My sister and I will swap stories on a weekly basis about how we continually eat shit with no help from anyone but ourselves.



Just last week I started training the girl that is going to take over my position.  As I am showing her around the nursery we walk back into the front office where there are 3 stairs...3.  On stair #2 I go down.  And when I mean "I went down" I mean I ate it.  Big time.  Face plant-head first BAM!  This poor girl who is 2 hours into her new job sees her predecessor go down like the Berlin Wall.  It was hilarious   Good thing I am accustomed to this sort of thing happening so I bounced up like its happened 903 times (because it has) and start to laugh my ass off.  She's super concerned for my well being, I'm just happy I'm alive.  I start telling her the next responsibility she has to remember and shes thinking I should be concerned with the coffee running down the front of my shirt (white of course).  All in all it was one of my best trips, and certainly not my last.

Tonight while Henry was on the phone I decide to start dishes, you know because I can do that quietly...right.  I even told myself in my head "shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" which of course ended up sounding like this:


Just to prove my klux-ness I just got up to go get something out of the kitchen, as I did I tripped over the chair next to me almost falling.  Almost = winning.  Go me.




2 comments:

Greg Ahart said...

I'm possibly less coordinated that you and your siblings put together. Ask Lesa.

Greg Ahart said...

And yes, I really do read these.