March 13, 2013

Lets pretend I'm crafty

So I saw this on Pinterest:
painted and distressed mason jars with fake hydrangeas- I think I'm in love
no, I did not make these
I decided it was the cutest thing I had ever seen in my life.  And since I think I know everything I didn't even read how they made them.  I automatically assumed 2 things... spray paint and fake flowers.  So thats what I did!  I also have been hanging on to some empty wine  bottles (not sure how they got that way) and I decided to craft them up someway too.

Before:

For the record, Williamson Wine (shout out) labels are EXTREMELY difficult to get off the bottle!

Next, the spray painting began.  Let me just say this... USE A PRIMER!  DUH!  I was an idiot and just started spraying shit...looking at them now I bet they would look even better if I would have just broke down and bought a primer paint for $2.

During:
Henry walked in half way through this in the shop and his exact words were "what the hell are you doing" I exclaimed "CRAFTING!" and then he just turned around and walked out.  Probably better that way.

Anyway, so here are my final outcome, like I said...I should have used a damn primer.

I used a 'pistachio' and 'periwinkle' color
Fake flowers from WalMart= $6, mason jars = recycled, spray paint = $3
Total for mason jar vases = $9

Oh yeah, I also made the wall art with a staple gun, fabric and canvas.

Fake flowers from WalMart = $3, wine bottles = recycled, spray paint= $3
Total cost for wine bottle vases = $6

No comments: