January 6, 2013

Week 1 Done!

Well its been a week since I moved out to Montana.  Felt like it went by really fast.  I wanted to share a few observations I have made:

1. I rule.
I am pleased to announce that I have not slipped and fallen on my face/butt...yet.  I know its only a matter of time before it happens with the snow/ice.  I'm just really proud it didn't happen on my first day.  This also means I can only wear shoe shoes... cute
image

2. I don't know how to use my car.
The backseat doors in my car do not open when someone in the back seat tries to get out, door must be opened from the outside.  I learned this when I took Gilmer, Carlos and Jorge to the bank to cash their checks.  (sidenote: Gilmer, Carlos and Jorge are from Peru and work on the ranch.  They know very little english, and when I say "little english" I mean they understand hand gestures and some short words.  Communication is limited) So just image me and my three new friends that I cannot have a conversation with going to the bank.  Gilmer who I have gotten to know the best since dating Henry sat in the front seat with me, once we arrived to the bank he and I get out of the car and start walking to the front doors.  I turn and realize the other two are not getting out of the car, so I say to Gilmer "Gilmer, Carlos y Jorge no checks?" he says "yes checks" I say "porque in car?" about this time I see Carlos looking like he is about to JUMP over the front seat and I realize OH YEAH MY DOORS DON'T OPEN!!!  So Gilmer and I run towards the car before Carlos almost loses his mind trying to get out of my car.  Open the door, I'm yelling "Lo Siento!!!" WHOOPSIE, I really need to find the manual to figure out how to fix that.  I dont think they like riding in my car anymore. 

Family Guy - Peter locked his keys out of the car

3. My Spanish stinks.
Taking 3 Peruvians grocery shopping at Walmart provides pure entertainmet.  After the bank we needed to get groceries for Carlos since he is taking a band of sheep out to a new area and needs to camp with them.  I have his grocery list and Henry had told me that he needs a little help finding the things he needs.  Ok, sounds easy enough.  Until they all dissapear...except for Carlos following me with his cart.  I needed to pick up a few things for the house as well so I thought I could do both things at once.  Nope.  One minute I am trying to ask Carlos "QUE TIPO?" of soup he wants, I think I am asking him, "What type" does he want, but he looks at me as if I am asking him what's his favorite color or something.  About this time Jorge pops out of no where (Jorge could weigh 110 pounds soaking wet) and is asking to pick up a few things for his camper "Si, Si" I say and then Gilmer is trying to translate something for Carlos about coffee and I have no idea what is going on anymore.  Here I am with 3 Peruvian men trying to get groceries for them and trying to speak the little Spanish I know.  I decide just to walk up and down every aisle so we dont miss anything.  Luckily we survived Walmart and all 3 made it out alive...I think.

4. I'm out of shape.
Insanity workout is called Insanity for a reason.  Started the first dvd today and about died.  I blame the elevation.  And then I made brownies...whoops


5. Date night.
Henry and I are going to the movies tonight.  We have never gone to the movies together, ridiculous right?  I love the movies and he is less than enthused about them but to commemorate my "week" we thought we would celebrate.  Getting crazy here in Montana people I tell you what!


6. Henry loves his cows.
I went with Henry this morning on 1 of his 900 chores he does everyday.  We took some hay out to a pasture of cows.  This is Henry with his new friend, he was unaware they had any friendly cows.
She needs a name

Drive to the cows

a cool Sunday morning

driving back to the ranch


 7. I'm super  fashionable warm.
Lets face it guys, I rather look funny than be cold.  Who doesn't love purple coveralls?

Hope all is well with everyone!  Miss you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Check your door jams... Child safety locks. I will text you. - Em