January 14, 2013

WARNING! Winter Storm Warning!

I survived my first big snow storm.  Did you know they name their storms here??  I can't remember what they called it, it was weird like "Edger" or something strange like that.



Anyway, so Henry made the Montana Rodeo Circuit Finals and they were in Great Falls, MT.  So we left late Thursday night since we kept hearing the storm was just going to get worse.  We made it about 2 hours and had to stop since the road we needed to take was CLOSED!  Awesome.  So what do you do in Montana when the roads close?  You sleep in the truck.  Luckily I had a feeling this might happen so I packed snacks, blanket and pillow. It was the most romantic date Henry has ever taken me on...
This is how I felt sleeping in a truck:
TGIF.


After sitting/sleeping/complaining for 8 hours, the road was not opening, so we took a different route that the local coffee shop men told us to take.  It was a little scary with white outs every so often but after 14 hours we finally made it to Great Falls!  It was Circuit Finals time!
The roads on the drive
brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

The Circuit finals are three rounds, going into the third round Henry was 2nd in the average.  The steer he got came out of the chute and stopped (he called it "setting up").  It was a case of bad luck on that steer.  Such a bummer!  He did so well the first two rounds it was sad that he didn't get a fair chance at a good run.  His second run made the news in Billings: (he is at about minute 7)

http://www.ktvq.com/videos/q2-sports-on-demand-at-10-00-on-1-12-13/

We got home late Sunday night, the roads were snowy but not as bad as the way there.  I drove a little in the snow and almost peed my pants when I lost traction a couple times.  Henry keeps yelling at me for "driving like I'm in California"  I need to work on that.   Queue eye roll:


Oh and here is my car...I think I need to find the shovel.



No comments: